Buying a home from Merko is easy
The information on the project website and our helpful sales managers will advise you if you have any questions. They will agree on the details of the purchase transaction with you, mediate communication with the construction team, prepare the documents, schedule your visit to inspect the apartment and book an appointment with a notary for signing the contract.
Steps to a new home
- SELECTION OF AN APARTMENT A customer selects the apartment he/she likes in the project web site and contacts our sales manager.
- PRELIMINARY SALE-PURCHASE CONTRACT When a customer finally decides to purchase the selected apartment, he/she signs a preliminary purchase contract with the seller and transfers the advance payment to the account of the seller within the term established in the contract.
- ACQUISITION CERTIFICATE After the construction works are complete, the customer will receive notice of their completion and an invitation to sign the acquisition certificate, after which we will hand over the keys to the apartment.
- PAYMENT FOR THE APARTMENT USING YOUR OWN FUNDS A buyer transfers the entire amount to a bank account indicated by the seller. After receipt of payment, the seller signs the purchase contract with the buyer and the title to the apartment is transferred to the buyer; the notary also arranges registration of the title by VĮ “Registrų centras”.
- PAYMENT FOR THE APARTMENT USING A BANK LOAN The buyer shall present a signed guarantee letter from the bank or the signed credit agreement on financing the acquisition of the respective apartment; the buyer shall transfer the difference between the sum of the loan and the price of the asset being purchased (if any) to the bank account of the seller. After that the seller signs the purchase contract with the buyer and the title to the apartment is transferred to the buyer. The notary also arranges registration of the title by VĮ “Registrų centras”. The buyer signs the mortgage agreement with the bank financing the acquisition of the apartment and the bank transfers the remaining sum to the seller. After reception of the entire sum the seller issues confirmation on final settlement to the buyer.
- CONTRACTS WITH SERVICE PROVIDERS The buyer signs contracts with the providers of electricity, water and heating.